How to become an organ donor?
As the donation takes place after death of an individual, you may pledge to donate organs by taking a donor card. The consent from the family members is essential to donate organs even though the deceased individual has pledged by taking the donor card. After seeking the consent from family members, the donation process will begin. You can choose which organs or tissues that you would want to donate by ticking the specific box in the registration form. It is advisable that you donate all organs and tissues as they are very useful for patients. We strongly suggest you also let your family, friend and those close to you know what you have decided.
ORGAN DONATION REGISTRATION PROCESS
Few simple steps to register as an organ donor:
1. Click on the PLEDGE button provided to register as an organ donor.
2. You will be directed to the Organ Donation Registry Page
3. Fill the information required in the registration form and Submit.
4. Edit option is provided if you want to make changes in the information filled.
5. Click on Submit button.
6. Take a print of the Donor Card by clicking on Print button.
7. Get it laminated and keep it with you always.
8. Discuss with your family about your wish of organ donation. If you miss taking a print, the donor card can be retrieved from your email:
1. An e-mail with a donor card link will be sent to your email address upon completion of registration.
2. Open your Inbox, open the email sent and click on the link sent to view the donor card with your credentials filled.
3. Take a Print of the Donor Card.
4. Get it laminated and keep it with you always.
5. Discuss with your family about your wish.